Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Freezer Clean out Challenge update!

On Friday we left for Idabel Lake.  I packed the cooler with the ham hock and hash browns, as well as the whole chicken and green beans.  Which worked out great, as I did not need any of my 26 ice packs ;-)).

Friday night we stopped at Cactus Club for a steak dinner fit for a king...they have the best steaks...blackened creole filet..can you think of a tastier meal!!  Saturday morning, I stuck to the schedule, and baked the ham hock and sauteed the hash browns, I served it with the last of my garden fresh tomatoes.  For lunch I had brought up homemade turkey and yam soup (from the freezer) and for dinner we had beer can chicken, green beans, wild rice and tri-colored carrots. YUMMY!!!

Last night my brother and SIL cooked the most amazing meal.  They used the chicken breasts from the freezer...so I'm technically still on track ;-))  They laid the chicken out, spread it with cream cheese, and then rolled the breast around asparagus.  The whole roll got wrapped in bacon, then sauteed, then baked in the oven.  They served with with sauteed mushrooms, and asparagus, and finished with wild barley rice!  It was so tasty.

I then had left over chicken and rice to make the girls a stir fry for their lunches this morning!!

I have pulled out the steaks from the freezer..(I meant to do it last night, but I forgot, so they are defrosting in a water bath)  Tonight I'm planning on making Mushroom Barley Stew, in the Crock Pot....I'll let you know how it turned out!!!


And just because I don't like to post without a picture....here is some little pigs, having their dinner ;-))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!