Saturday, December 31, 2011

Panama's Day 5 treasures

Well here it is Day 5 in Panama and Ted and I have settled into our routine...it is tough I gotta say!!!  We try to get up before 9:30am so that we can have coffee in our room before heading down to a plush buffet of fresh exotic fruit and juices, yogurt, eggs, granola, and another coffee.
Then we head to the towel hut to grab our towels and find our chairs for the day, we set up under one of the cabanas in comfy rattan recliners, before heading for a stroll on the beach to see what has washed up overnight.
We then head to our chairs and bask in the sun, while servers bring fresh water with orange slices and any cocktail you prefer.  We dip in the pool every 20minutes as it is so beautifully hot here!
Around 1pm we head to the buffet for lunch, which always has new fresh tasty treats everyday, after we head to finish another chapter or two of our books poolside.
Around 3, Ted goes to the gym and I jog the beach and finish with yoga and a mini bootcamp, before exploring what the rainforest at the edge of the ocean has to offer!   Today I went back up after my workout to grab my camera in hopes I would see some treasures......have a look!!!





This guy is in the monkey family...Haven't found out what he is yet they have sloths here but from what I can tell sloths have a more pushed in face?  I will try to find out today....he has a long bushy tail and big claws, this was the female, the male was waiting in the tree for her return ;-)


A hermit crab scurries along the beach in front of me moving his home for the night before the tides recede.



This Pelican devoured his lunch in one quick gulp.

Taeya where would you start!!!   Isn't this the most amazing shell searching you have seen!!!




These pink scallop shells are plentiful along our beach!



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!