Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kelowna Farmer's Market

This morning after meetings, I headed to search for fresh produce for dinner tonight.  I have been so busy that I have not made it to the Kelowna Farmer's Market, a tradition the girls and I hit almost every Saturday!!  We would go through and all pick our favourites, Taeya would pick red plump beets, Paige would look for sweet baby ('cause they are small like me mommy') carrots and I would pick up onions, leeks, bok choy, and spinach...all the ingredients they girls don't like...if they know they are in a dish ;-))  Oh and the Basil...we did not plant our garden this year, so I did have my personal abundance of it, and I have to purchase it this year..as I absolutely love it.

Then of course there are the peaches!!...However, they were all sold out today, I will try again next Saturday, I'm craving fresh peach pie.

There are always plenty of fresh farm flowers, that smell heavenly, I took a few photos, and I'm sorry I'm not sure of the vender so I will check next Saturday and update this post...to give credit where it is due!

After I got home, I hauled out the rustic onion dryer that my MIL gave me, to show off all of my colourful purchases, placed my extremely fragrant basil in one of my chalk wine glasses from Pier1  note glasses, and then headed into to make a farm fresh salad for lunch.
















Kelowna Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!