Monday, November 21, 2011

My Dinner Party Wars!

Last Saturday was My dinner party wars and it was so much fun!!   I pulled off the Christmas decor...in the 'Nick of time' ;-)   I had hot apple cider mulling on the stove....If you want your house to smell like a sweet christmas night, plus have an amazing alcohol - free drink....Take an orange, fill it with cloves...place  it in a pot of apple juice with cinnamon sticks and simmer all night long!   It gives of such an amazing scent...and although none of my guests had anything alcohol free ;-))  It did fill the house with this amazing home scent!







The night started out with frozen cranberries and chilled Freixenet champagne, served with organic field tomatoes, layered with fresh mozzarella, basil pesto and balsamic reduction.  I also served cranberry and Pepper Boursin with cranberry raincoastcrisps.





 After we finished our initial chats... we went onto butternut squash and cinnamon pureed soup....I served it with croutons, plain yogurt and parm cheese shavings  on the table so everyone could choose their own toppings!


Mains and Dessert to follow tomorrow....plus our end of the night....after many bottles of wine....photos     ;-)))





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!