Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Best Oven Filet!

I'm not much of a BBQ'er so I often look to my oven to create my favourite dishes!  This is one that I made about 2 years ago for a dinner party, I have since played around with and perfected it...You will be amazed at how good your Filet turns out!!

Prep Time: 2min
Sit time: 2.25 hours
Cook Time 14-18 minutes (depending on preferred temperature)

Make a homemade rub of your choice.  I like sea salt, fresh pepper, chilli flakes, and garlic.  Rub the filet with seasoning on both sides.  Rub in Sambel Oelek for spice and flavour.  Pour over one of your favourite wines!  (Make sure you use a nice wine that you love, the steak absorbs a lot of the flavour.  Put in fridge, uncovered, for 2 hours, turning half way through.

Pull out chilled flavoured steak and let sit on counter for 15min.  Turn oven onto Broil/Grill at 550'.  Lower your top rack to 7" below the element.

Place your steaks in a oven proof dish that can hold juices.  Grill steaks for 7 minutes per side (for Medium Rare) and 9 minutes (for Medium)  Sorry that is the only way we do our steaks so if you like them any other way you will have to experiment)

When done your steaks will have a seared flavourful exterior with a beautiful juicy meaty inside.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!