Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Red Pepper, tomato Soup


You can't go wrong with soup!!   I never use a recipe for my soups...I simply follow the same steps, it doesn't matter what ingredients, or flavours I use.  Soups are tasty, healthy, full of flavour and most of all easy!!

Choose your flavour, squash, peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin, chicken....the possibilities are endless!!!   Oven roast your veggies, with S&P, garlic and any other seasonings you enjoy.  Roast for 45min at 325'

Chop up 1-2 large onions, saute with minced garlic.  Once soft and flavours have combined add in whatever oven roasted veggies you have prepared. 
Add in stock, and any other seasonings...remember to taste and don't add to much salt...this is an easy one for each person to add individually...simmer, slightly cool, then emulsify!!
Presto!!  Tasty, homemade, heart healthy soup!!!
In my Freezer Clean out Challenge...I had a whole bag of organic, baby bell peppers, and a clamshell of blusher tomatoes....I had purchased right before a trip...and could not let them go to waste.  Tomatoes and peppers are only good in soups and sauces ie: spaghetti sauce, or other simmered dishes, after they have been defrosted.

I took them out of the freezer last night and let them defrost in the fridge over night.  This morning I chopped of the tops of the peppers, and de-seeded.  If you are using large, non-organic peppers you may want to remove the skins, before or after roasting.  I de-stemed the tomatoes, and deheaded the garlic.  I then placed them all on a cookie sheet drizzled with EVOO, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.  Roasted at 325' for 45min.  



I turned off the oven and left for yoga!



When I returned I chopped and sauteed 1 large onion, with 4 shallots.  I then added in roasted garlic bulbs and roasted veggies....sauteed together to let flavours infuse.
Next I added a carton of Campbell's low sodium Chicken Broth, and let simmer for 30min, let cool slightly, pureed and enjoyed!!!!
YUMMMM!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!