Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Step 6-10 Freezer clean out challenge

Step 6:  I determined the amount of protein I needed for a meal and split up any I had to much of for one meal...ie 10 chicken breasts (split into two meals)  9 turkey breasts (split into two meals)  2 pkgs ground turkey ( two meals).   I then determined how many meals I could make (only dinners for most nights).

Step 7:  I then wrote all my proteins, starches, veggies and fruits on small pieces of paper, and arranged accordingly.



Step 8:  Next I arranged what I wanted to use together:


-Sole
-Fettuccini


-Whole Chicken
-Green beans


-Bananas
-Blueberries


-Blueberries
- 3 sm pork medallions


-Ground turkey
-Wonton wrappers


- Sirloin steaks 
-Green Peas


- Halibut cheeks
-1/2 bag prawns


-5 turkey breasts 
-cranberries


-Ground turkey 
-Spinach


-Bell peppers
-Pink cherry tomatoes


- Ham hock
-Hashbrowns


-5 chicken breasts


- 4 turkey breasts





Step 9 :  I arranged my dinner schedule....meaning... there are nights I know we will already be out due to other plans, also I know there are nights I will not have as much time due to activities, meetings, photo shoots etc.  This way I know when some of my less time consuming dinners need to be done....and when my more demanding dinners can be done.

Wednesday lunch - Bell Peppers and Pink cherry tomato soup....recipe and photos to come!
Wednesday 12 - Ted is taking me out for dinner tonight ;-))

Thursday 13  - Pork tenderloin, with a blueberry sauce  ( I choose this because it will be just Ted and I for dinner and there is a very small amount of meat.)

Friday 14 - As it is Ted's Bday weekend we will be fishing and spoiling him...so it will be fresh steaks tonight, BBQ'd

Saturday breakfast... Ham hock and hashbrowns (I know not creative..but hey it works well ;-))
Saturday 15 - Whole chicken, and Green beans.  Beer can chicken (the best way to do a chicken!!)

Sunday 16 - My SIL is hosting dinner tonight as it is Megan's Bday too!!

Monday 17 - 5 Chicken breasts & Fettuccini (I may have two extra for dinner...so I need to plan for this)  Actual dinner decision ???
Banana & Blueberry bread - for Tuesday morning breaky!!

Tuesday 18 - Sirloin and Green Peas (The girls have piano, so I usually plan a slow cooker meal so it is hot and ready without 'dinner time' prep.  This way I can do all the prep in the day)

Wednesday 19 - Halibut cheeks and Prawns....recipe to come?  (I know fish back to back...however, I will be out on a photo shoot here so it will have to be easy going)....this one may get cancelled...it might be easier for the family to meet me downtown after shoot...depending on timing ;-))

Thursday 20 - We are out for an Event

Friday 21 - Sole & Fettuccini  I have a photo shoot at 7pm so I need a quick to cook and clean dinner!

Saturday 22 - I'm out for a girls night dinner.

I think we have guests coming....so I will determine when the other 5 dinners will be....  I have them paired though...

Ground turkey & Wonton Wrappers (wonton soup)
Turkey breasts & cranberries (yum...post Thanksgiving dinner)
Ground turkey & spinach ( lasagna)
5 Chicken breasts (may be less if we do have company for the monday above)
4 Turkey breasts




Step 10:  Decide on recipes and make shopping list!!!

I'll post when I'm done....It might seem like a lot of work now...but won't it be great to shop once, have everything planned, and more time to work on all the rest of your TO-DO's ;-))

1 comment:

  1. Stoke those OCD tendencies my darling, I think this is GREAT and motivating. I'm tackling that 2nd bedroom (with it's mountain of fabric and sOo many books)(oh yeah, and yarn)but I'm giving myself a month of picking away. You've done so much! and I love the organized meals. Such a timesaver. ox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!